This morning my gorgeous boy Noah came and woke me early. Yesterday we were reading a magazine article about brushing your teeth first thing in the morning, even before breakfast, and so at half past 5 he keenly brought me his tooth brush!
Actually I had already been starting to wake so I didn’t mind at all and I got up and sorted him out with some toothpaste! Then we went to sort his breakfast.
I was fine with getting up not least because I had been asleep for hours! Last night I went to bed at half eight which was a massive treat. I was feeling a bit worn out and knew a super long sleep would sort me out.
If you are short on sleep then mindfulness really does help, here’s why…
1) When you meditate in the day then you learn to let the busy thoughts, that wiz through your mind all day long, settle. When you get into bed you are then well practised at doing the same so you are more skilled at getting to sleep.
2) When you sit to meditate you tune in to your body and mind and become very aware of how you are feeling. Recognising your tiredness is the first step to sorting it out.
3) When you meditate you make better decisions. Once you have allowed your thoughts to settle you see things clearly. It becomes so obvious that an early bedtime is better than wasting a couple of hours on social media or TV.
4) Once you start to see the benefits that getting enough sleep brings the commitment that you develop in meditation will serve you well in keeping a good sleep routine too. Our bodies love routine so getting into a good pattern of meditation in the day, and regular sleep patterns at night, is the perfect combination.
5) When you meditate regularly and get enough sleep you will have the energy to be more active in the day. This means that by the time you go to bed your mind and body are well worked and ready to wind down and then switch off.
So if you are ready to give meditation a try get in touch. Revitalise sessions will get you well on track to becoming more mindful and better rested. It really could change your life.