Today my order from Liz Earle arrived. Always an exciting moment for me! The packages are always wrapped so nicely and protected by those giant foam watsits. I love those too but can never think of anything useful to do with them!
I find that combining your skincare routine with some mindfulness is perfect. Most of us wash and moisturise our faces at the start and end of every day and it takes a couple of minutes. This is the idea opportunity to be present in the moment. At the start of the day it helps to get you ready for whatever is coming your way and at the end of the day it chills you out before you go to bed.
So as you wash your face try this…
1) First look at yourself in the mirror for 15 seconds at least. Not a close up critical sort of look just a nice friendly smile at yourself.
2) Using circular motions rub your face wash over your face really focusing on what your are doing and enjoying the relaxing sensation.
3) Use a warm cloth or flannel to wipe off the face wash. Really enjoy the sensation of warmth on each part of your face.
4) Get a generous amount of moisturiser and dab some on your forehead, nose and cheeks and then rub it in, again using slow circular movements and enjoying the sensation of nourishing your skin.
5) Finish with another smile at yourself.
Just taking a small amount of time to be present in the moment a couple of times a day will make a huge difference to how you feel. Rather than feeling life is rushing by in a blur you will have a couple of regular reality checks where you can see how your body and mind are feeling in the moment. You will have a chance to relax. Once you start to build up a routine you will want to commit to carrying on in a more mindful way and will look to find other regular activities that you can make into mini mindfulness moment.
On a Revitalise Day you can pick up all sorts of helpful ways to build mindfulness into your daily life as well as learning more to help with your meditation routine. If you don’t have a meditation routine yet you will certainly leave inspired to have one!