When you next experience a lovely sunny day take a few minutes to lie down somewhere and enjoy the sky.
It is so rare for many of us to take any time to lie down and just be. Unless it is bedtime most of us are rushing round at a million miles an hour and we miss the beauty that it around us.
Whilst you are looking at the sky try this…
1) Notice how much of the sky is made up of clouds and how much is blue.
2) Notice the clouds move across the sky.
3) Notice whether the clouds are light and fluffy or heavy and dark.
4) Imagine that each of your thoughts is a cloud, how would they be, light and fluffy? Heavy and dark?
5) Imagine the thought clouds passing just like the real ones, changing shape and moving across the sky. None our thoughts are permanent, they are always coming and going and changing shape.
6) Appreciate how you can just watch the clouds rather than getting involved with them. Remember you can do this with your thoughts too. You are not your thoughts.
7) Notice the area without clouds, they aren’t always there yet blue sky is always there. Wait a while and you too can enjoy some blue sky head space!
Come on a Revitalise Day and learn other great ways to get more comfortable with your thoughts.